Institutional Detail Stone Artisan Park Training Institute Ambaji/Dhrangadhra
The Stone Artisan Park i.e SAPTI is developed with training and accommodation purpose along with logging arrangement. SAPTI is established at Ambaji, as it is a hub for white marble and at Dhrangadhra at it is center of sandstone. Young people have the potential to turn a mere stone into beautiful piece of arts, provided they are given the skilled training and opportunity. SAPTI precisely does this.
At present, in both the institutions courses of 6months as well as 1Year are in progress comprising of 30students in each batch. Till date, 3715 numbers of students have been trained and majority of them are self-employed or employed. During the time of training, whatever sculptures are innovated is displayed for exhibition with the intention of selling them at various stone park organized by Central for Development of Stones of India. Moreover, the students those are getting training at centers are being provided free accommodation and logging with Rs. 100/day as a stipend so that they attend training with interest and utilize their skills to the fullest.
The important features of Gujarat Stone Artisan Park are:
Vision for Training Centers:
- To foster a dynamic process of skill-formation and knowledge-building, which would decisively contribute to enterprise-development and employment generation particularly for the rural people in Gujarat, and assist the state in becoming top-notch Indian state in stone-based artwork business.
- To develop ancient stone crafting art with the use of technology is a prime need of time.
- To identify youths having aptitude in stone craft and to provide training facilities under one roof.
- Entrepreneurship development through training of stone.
- To impart necessary skills and knowledge in stone craft, to provide them better employment opportunities.
- For self-development of trainees to have exchange of ideas, experience and expertise.
Institution and eligibility details
- Age: 18 to 40 years.
- Minimum 7th pass for six months on Machines for Stone Craft and for Stone Sculpting, 10th pass for one year course.
Criteria for selection:
- Preference is given to ST,SC & OBC students.
- Family background, interest of student & desire to learn.
- Medical test is mandatory.
- One week Stone Art Orientation course to check their interest in joining 6month or 1year course.
Amenities at Dhrangadhara and Ambaji:
- Conducive atmosphere for learning
- Work sheds for imparting training
- Emphasis on vocational training
- Skill enhancement for better employment opportunity in Gujarat and other places
- Art Galleries
- Interaction with guest faculty from industries
- Entrepreneurship and self-employment programmes
- ibrary and reading room
- Industrial Training for One Year and Six Months
- Marketing, Entrepreneurial guidance and art counseling
- To motivate students for entrepreneurship, marketing and self-employment, specialized courses are being undertaken at both SAPTIs Dhragandhra and Ambaji run by Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Gandhinagar.
- Maximum number of students have been employed or opted for self-employment.
Skill Formation and Skill Up gradation:
- Satisfactory completion of training certificate duly approved by Gujarat Council of Vocational Training is issued which helps trainee to get employment as well as for future development or their skills.
- This innovative step of Gujarat Government has led to SAPTI wining the most prestigious ASSOCHAM National Education Excellence Award in 2013.