INTEGRATED LEASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM is to enable the Department of Geology and Mining department to regulate the mining activities through electronic mode. In past, each and every activity were managed and processed manually at the offices and in field.
Aim and Objective
- The primary aim of the project is to replace traditional manual processes by a web-based application which is faster and more efficient. It covers services such as
- e-Royalty pass,
- e-Return system,
- e-Demand register,
- online Lease/Permit application etc.
- Put up in one single portal for lease holders and other stakeholders of Geology & Mining in Gujarat State.
- All other public information such as block notification of major/minor minerals, e-auction details, mineral advertisements etc. are also in public domain.
- e-Payment provides facility to transfer 9 types of payments through RTGS/NEFT from leaseholder’s bank account into CGM’s Virtual Account
- RTO Integration
- e-Royalty Pass System (ATR – All Time Royalty Pass) provides
web-based interface for leaseholders to issue royalty passes having a unique barcode/QR code based id.
- Also special embedded battery operated Hand Held Machine (HHT) is provided to facilitate the leaseholder having leases in remote areas where electricity is not available and low internet connectivity is available.
- The leaseholders now have the facility to submit their returns online through e-Return.
- Demand Register has been developed as a provision of online/offline information transaction recording framework, to maintain leaseholder’s account details of production, dispatch and collection, interest, sale value etc as per rules of Gujarat minor mineral concession rules (GMMCR) 2010.
- e-Delivery Challan enables the lease holder and stockists to directly sell the mineral to the stockists and end users.
- Online Lease Application enables applicants/industries to apply for any kind of new lease as per standard forms prescribed in GMMCR / MCDR rules through online portal of Geology & Mining.
- The modular approach for implementation of the system and capacity building sessions have helped stakeholders to get acquainted with the new system.
Acceptance of Project:
- The ILMS system covers a majority portion of mineral administration and has resulted into more usage of online system. The various mineral associations have appreciated the initiatives of the state government.
The feedback is received: From various companies/associations
- All District Mineral Association (Banaskantha, Rajkot, Porbandar, Valsad, Kachchh, Kheda, Bhavnagar, Bharuch, Surat, Dahod, Jamnagar, Amreli, Gandhinagar, Sabarkantha,etc)
- Amreli Black Stone Quarry Ind Association : "By introduction of e-Governance, the number of visits to CGM office and human efforts has reduced, resulting in time saving which is very much appreciated."
- Bharuch Black Trap Quarry owners Association: "CGM has initiated e-Governance which has resulted in easy payment of Royalty, bringing in transparency and accountability. Moreover, the visits to CGM office have reduced."
- Gujarat Mineral Industry Association
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd –
"Issuing royalty pass has become very user-friendly and hassle free" Awards & recognitions
- CGM has obtained the ISO 9001: 2008 certifications for all the District Offices. Also, this initiative of the state government has won five awards during last three years as follows :
- "e-Governance in Mineral Administration in G2B (Govt. to Business) Category" from Computer Society of India, CSI – Nihilent award 2011
- "e-Governance in Mineral Administration in G2B (Govt. to Business) in Public Choice Category" from eIndia Award 2011.
- CGM’s IT partner is awarded for its excellence in "Leveraging IT for Business Performance" by Canon India Ltd
- National Awards for Exemplary Implementation of eGovernance Initiatives 2012-13 by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Govt. of India for "MAGIC – (Mineral Administration and Governance Using ICT)"
- Manthan Award 2013 as "Certificate of Recognition" for MAGIC (Mineral Administration and Governance Using ICT) received in the December 2013.